Hardwood floors are a great choice when thinking of remodeling your home or just a room in your house. Flooring is a major consideration. You will be living with the new floor for years to come so you want something you love that is easy to maintain and can withstand active daily life. With all the flooring options available today, it is easy to become bogged down and confused as to which flooring is right for you. Believe it or not, one of the best options is the floor that has been around for centuries and has stood the test of time: hardwood. Many people reject hardwood flooring because they think it is too difficult to maintain and too expensive. These people are incorrect.
Consider the following 5 advantages of hardwood floors:
1. The Look: There is a reason luxury builders and elite hotels continue to use hardwood floors in their projects. This is because there is a classic elegance to hardwood floors. The beauty, sophistication, and richness of hardwood adds warmth and refinement to any room. If you are going for a modern look, hardwood can work just as well, providing continuing sight lines and sleek, minimalistic design.
2. Ease of Maintenance: Believe it or not, hardwood floors are exceptionally easy to maintain. Cleaning them is a breeze; simply sweep, mop, or vacuum once a week. If something spills on the floor, just wipe it up. Unlike carpet, hardwood does not collect dust, dirt, and other particles. Also, hardwood is more stain resistant than carpet.
3. Durability: One of the primary reasons to install hardwood floors in your home is that they will last a lifetime and beyond. It is strong and can stand up to heavy foot traffic and active family life. It is very difficult to chip or crack hardwood. And, unlike tile, if there are scratches or nicks, you don’t have to replace sections of the floor because these scratches can be buffed or sanded out so your floor continues to look as
good as new.
4. Healthier Choice: Installing hardwood floors in your home is good for your health. They do not collect dust, dirt, debris, allergens, pet dander, or other harmful particles so the air quality in your home will improve. Also, unlike tile and laminate, hardwood floors do not have grout lines or embossing which can trap particles. Allergy suffers should always consider hardwood for improved air quality.
5. Long Term Value: Hardwood floors may initially be more expensive than other flooring options. However, hardwood floors are the best long-term investment. These floors require less maintenance than other floors and are resistant to dings, chips, and scratches. Also, the color of your hardwood floor will not fade, unlike other flooring options, so the floor will not need to be replaced. They also increase the
value of your home and are a good selling point.
Whenever you are ready to upgrade to hardwood floors, Tri-Point Flooring is here to help. Our expert team can assist you with design, materials, and installation. We can show you all your options and create the perfect floor for you!